No, your loved ones aren't locked away
Residential care homes have fared well when compared to nursing homes when it comes to to dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. We have worked very hard to develop a policy that will keep our residents safe from potentially life threatening virus while providing them access to the friends and family that make life worth living.
Visiting hours are from 9 am to 6 pm, seven day a week.
Only one person may visit Caring Hearts Cottage at a time.
We have a large outdoor area with lots of comfortable seating and tables. We encourage you to visit with your loved ones there whenever possible.
All visits must be 60 minutes or less.
Up to two designated visitors may visit a Resident in a day.
Visits are scheduled in advance with the Administrator. Call Aaron at (760)-600-9492
What to Expect
- Upon arrival, each visitor will be screened with a series of questions and a temperature check.
- We are screening for COVID-19 exposure and potential symptoms.
- If a visitor does not meet the requirements to enter the house, they will be turned away and encouraged to utilize an electronic form of communication such as Apple FaceTime or Zoom.
- Upon entry to the house each visitor will be required to:
- Sanitize their hands
- Wear a mask (their own or one provided by us) and gown (provided by us)
- Provide Caregiver with their name to be signed in
- Go directly to the Resident’s room and remain there during their visit.
- At the end of each visit, the visitor must deposit borrowed gowns and masks in the laundry bin near the front door and promptly leave the house so that we may sanitize and prepare for other visitors.
If a Resident begins to display symptoms related to
COVID-19, that Resident will be quarantined and that Resident’s visitors
will be limited to essential care personnel. We will inform other
Residents’ visitors of the potential for exposure, and they may choose
whether to continue visiting.
If a Resident is confirmed to have active COVID-19
that Resident will be quarantined and we will discontinue visits to all
Residents, except by essential care personnel, until further notice.
We have dedicated personal electronic devices for each Resident to
utilize in the comfort and safety of their room. Residents will be
assisted in using video and audio calling to reach loved ones. Calls
must be set up in advance with our Care Staff, and will require
participants to have email to receive invitations.